2016.02.18 Pie; Mushroom, Spinach, Treenut Cheese, Leek, Garlic
Shopping Cart (one stop shopping @ Central Market):1 10 oz. package of Central Market organic mixed mushrooms
1 10 oz. package of Central Market organic cut spinach
1 9" vegan pie shell
1 6 oz. package of Treeline Treenut Cheese, Scallion Flavor
(plus anything missing from the staples list)
Pantry (add to Shopping Cart if not present):Whole Foods 365 Sea Salt Fine Crystals
Whole Foods 365 Ground black Pepper
Measurement/Preparation:Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2 garlic cloves, dice and place in prep bowl.
Quarter and slice the white stem of the leek, not the green stalks, and place in prep bowl.
Chop 1/4 cup parsley and place in prep bowl.
Cooking:1. Brush inside of pie crust with truffle oil.
2. Put pie crust in oven for 15 minutes.
3. Saute the leek in skillet, cooking until soft.
4. Add garlic to skillet, cooking until aromatic
5. Add mushrooms, spinach, and parsley to skillet, and cook until all liquid is gone.
6. Add the package of treeline treenut cheese and mix all well.
7. Pour the mix into the pie pan, and cook in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Plating:Divide pie into desired serving sizes, and plate.
Add green salad if desired.
Wine:Green Fin 2014 California Red Table Wine
#vairy, #vausage, #veat, #veef, #veese, #vegan, #vegancornucopia, #veganfoodie, #veganhacker, #veganhoe, #veganlifer, #veganscavanger, #vegansurvivalist, #veganvigilante, #vegilante, #vegg, #vicken, #vilk, #vorgurt, #vork