1 12 oz. package Trader Joe's Beef-less Ground Beef
1 1.3 oz. package Trader Joe's Taco Seasoning Mix
2 15.5 oz. cans Trader Joe's Organic Pinto Beans
2 12 oz. bottles Trader Joe's Enchilada Sauce
1 32 oz. carton Trader Joe's Organic Vegetable Broth
1 6 oz. package Trader Joe's Green Onions (a.k.a. scallions or spring onions)
1 12 oz. package Trader Joe's Corn Tortillas
1 12 oz. package Trader Joe's Soy Cheese Blend (cheddar, mozzarella, jack)
1 9.75 oz. package Trader Joe's Organic Corn Chip Dippers
1 4 oz. can Trader Joe's Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
(plus anything missing from the staples list)
EVOO or Avocado Oil
Sea Salt, fine crystals
Cooking oil spray
1 package beef-less ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup green onions minced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup vegetable stock
2 cans pinto beans drained (no need to rinse)
2 bottles enchilada sauce opened (it would be handing to pour both into a single large measuring cup)
12 corn tortillas
1 package soy cheese, divided into 1/3 portions
1 can green chiles, divided into 1/2 portions
1 package corn chips (crushed for topping)
(bring all ingredients to room temperature)
1 large prep bowl
1 medium skillet
1 9" x 13" baking pan/dish sprayed with cooking oil
preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. In large prep bowl, combine crumbled ground beef with taco seasoning and mix to coat, then set bowl aside.
2. Put vegetable oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
3. Add green onion to heated skillet and cook 3 minutes or until soft.
3. Add flour to skillet and stir for 1 minute.
4. Add the vegetable stock to skillet and stir for 1 minute to obtain a smooth consistency.
5. Add the pinto beans to the skillet, then set skillet aside.
6. Coat the bottom of the baking pan/dish with a layer of enchilada sauce.
7. Then add a layer of four tortillas.
8. Then add all of the pinto bean mixture and spread evenly.
9. Top with 1/3 of the soy cheese, 1/2 of the green chiles, and more enchilada sauce.
10. Cover with a layer of four tortillas.
11. Then add all of the ground beef and spread evenly.
12. Top with 1/3 of the soy cheese, 1/2 of the green chiles, and more enchilada sauce.
13. Cover with a final layer of four tortillas.
14. Top remaining enchilada sauce and soy cheese.
15. Cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes.
16. Remove foil, top entire casserole with the crumbled corn chips.
17. Return, uncovered, to oven and bake 10-15 minutes.
#vairy, #vausage, #veat, #veef, #veese, #vegan, #vegancornucopia, #veganfood, #veganfoodie, #veganhacker, #veganhoe, #veganlife, #veganlifer, #veganrecipes, #veganscavanger, #vegansurvivalist, #veganvigilante, #vegilante, #vegg, #vicken, #vilk, #vorgurt, #vork